This is a selection of terms to use on the service side for communication related to CONNECT. An extensive list can be found in our CONNECT translation playbook.
Terms to use
Sign in / Sign out
- CONNECT is a single entry point solution where the user does not need to remember if they have an account (“Should I click login or register?”)
Signed in as (phone number/email)
- Use “signed in” as a way of telling the user what account he/she is using to connect.
Manage account / Manage CONNECT account
- Research shows that “manage account” is self explanatory for most users. The term account is also used when you “Sign in with your CONNECT account”. “Manage” is also a term that implies a form of action.
- “App settings” is a good way to distinguish settings related to the app, and settings related to the CONNECT account.
- In “App settings” you can for e.g. change notification settings or see app version.
- If you need to group settings, you could use “account settings”.
- To clearly help the user understand where information is stored, we suggest also using “account settings” when necessary.
Terms to avoid
- As CONNECT does not operate with username, the term will be confusing for the users. Instead, directly use “email” or “phone number”.
Edit this page
- Avoid terms like login / logout or logged in / out since “signed in” is established.